Technology Use at Home
Longfellow Expectations for Responsible iPad Use
- Have clean hands
- Tap the iPad screen and buttons VERY GENTLY
- Do not use cleaners or abrasives to clean
- Keep device in the protective case
- Keep iPad in a safe place
- Carry with TWO HANDS hugging it close to your chest
- Always sit down when you use your iPad and make sure it is set up on a desk or table—never on your lap.
- Only use apps or go on Websites that your teacher says are ok
- Tell your teacher or your grown-up RIGHT AWAY if you see something strange pop up on a website or app
- Only use your iPad when there is a grown up watching you
- Keep food and drinks away from iPad
- Do NOT drop the iPad
- Keep device charged
- ONLY you & your caretaker are allowed to use your iPad
- Tell your teacher QUICKLY if your iPad isn’t working or gets damaged or lost
Longfellow Expectations for Responsible Chromebook Use
- I will not share my passwords.
- I will only visit websites and use apps appropriate for learning.
- I will not download any apps without teacher permission.
- I will respect the web filtering and security settings by not trying to bypass it.
- I will talk to a trusted adult whenever I feel uncomfortable or need help with technology.
- I will only use my Chromebook on a hard flat surface.
- I will follow my teacher’s instructions when using technology.
- I will use the device for learning, not entertainment.
- I will be polite and use appropriate language when communicating online.
- I will keep food & liquid away from the device.
- I will make sure my hands are clean before using my device.
- I am the ONLY person who I will let touch my Chromebook unless I need help from an adult.
- I will take good care of all school technology.
- I will carry my chromebook in the zipped case or with both hands on the base.
- I will keep the screen closed when moving.
- I will give credit for words or images in my work that came from someone else.
- I will report inappropriate digital behavior to an adult right away.
- I will report any technology problems or broken parts to an adult right away.